- Who Can Submit?
- General Submission Rules
- Initial Submission Formatting Requirements
- Final Submission Formatting Requirements
- Rights for Authors and Research Commons at Kutztown University
- General Terms and Conditions of Use
Who Can Submit?
Anyone may submit an original article to be considered for publication in CONTACT provided they own the copyright to the work being submitted or is authorized by the copyright owner or owners to submit the article. Authors are the initial owners of the copyrights to their works (an exception in the non-academic world to this might exist if the authors have, as a condition of employment, agreed to transfer copyright to their employer).
General Submission Rules
Submitted articles cannot have been previously published, nor be forthcoming in an archival journal or book (print or electronic). In addition, by submitting material to CONTACT, the author is stipulating that the material is not currently under review at another journal (electronic or print) and that they will not submit the material to another journal (electronic or print) until the completion of the editorial decision process at CONTACT. If you have concerns about the submission terms for CONTACT, please contact the editors.
Initial Submission Formatting Requirements
Although CONTACT has no general rules about the style formatting of articles upon initial submission, all submissions to this journal must be written in English, in PDF format, and prepared by LaTeX. All manuscripts submitted must be free of personal identifiable information, including names, affiliations, contact information, grant or other support information, and acknowledgements. If the authors' previous work is cited in the article, do not use "the author" or "the authors," etc. Rather, cite the work by name, as if the work is by a third party.
Final Submission Formatting Requirements
Upon your article being accepted to the journal, you will be asked to format the final document according to the Final Manuscript Preparation Guidelines. Although bepress can provide limited technical support, it is ultimately the responsibility of the author to produce an electronic version of the article as a high-quality PDF file.
Rights for Authors and Research Commons at Kutztown University
As further described in our submission agreement (the Submission Agreement), in consideration for publication of the article, the authors assign to Research Commons at Kutztown University all copyright in the article, subject to the expansive personal--use exceptions described below.
Attribution and Usage Policies
Reproduction, posting, transmission or other distribution or use of the article or any material therein, in any medium as permitted by a personal-use exemption or by written agreement of Research Commons at Kutztown University, requires credit to Research Commons at Kutztown University as copyright holder (e.g., Research Commons at Kutztown University © 2021).
The following uses are always permitted to the author(s) and do not require further permission from Research Commons at Kutztown University provided the author does not alter the format or content of the articles, including the copyright notification:
- Storage and back-up of the article on the author's computer(s) and digital media (e.g., diskettes, back-up servers, Zip disks, etc.), provided that the article stored on these computers and media is not readily accessible by persons other than the author(s);
- Posting of the article on the author(s) personal website, provided that the website is non-commercial;
- Posting of the article on the internet as part of a non-commercial open access institutional repository or other non-commercial open access publication site affiliated with the author(s)'s place of employment (e.g., a Phrenology professor at the University of Southern North Dakota can have her article appear in the University of Southern North Dakota's Department of Phrenology online publication series); and
- Posting of the article on a non-commercial course website for a course being taught by the author at the university or college employing the author.
People seeking an exception, or who have questions about use, should contact the editors.
General Terms and Conditions of Use
Users of the Research Commons at Kutztown University website and/or software agree not to misuse the Research Commons at Kutztown University service or software in any way.
The failure of Research Commons at Kutztown University to exercise or enforce any right or provision in the policies or the Submission Agreement does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any term of the Submission Agreement or these policies is found to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Submission Agreement and these policies remain in full force and effect. These policies and the Submission Agreement constitute the entire agreement between Research Commons at Kutztown University and the Author(s) regarding submission of the Article.