Submission Guidelines for CTM Faculty Research and Creative Work


Submissions Guidelines


The KU Research Commons will only publish research, scholarship or creative works of authors completed while they were students, faculty, or administrators at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania. For additional information or if you have any questions, please contact

Before You Start the Submission Form

If possible, please submit your work in one of these standard formats:

  • for text: .doc., .docx, .xls, .xslx, .ppt, .ppts, .pdf, .rtf, or .txt
  • for images: .tiff, .jpeg, .bmp, .png, and .gif.
  • for videos: standard formats, such as .mp4, or files rendered for YouTube or Vimeo.
  • We will try to convert other formats, but it may delay the posting of your work.
  • Try to keep your abstract under 250 words. The software will cut off text that exceeds that limit.
  • Choose your keywords carefully, these are the terms search engines will look for. The maximum number of keywords is 10.

Submission Process

Please make sure your project or paper is ready for submission. Once submitted, there is no opportunity to edit your work.

Navigate to the page on the Research Commons where you want to publish your work. Select the “Submit Research” link in the Author Corner on the right.

  • Fill out the form.
  • If you would like a link to the file put on a related page within the Research Commons, please note that in the “Comments."
  • You will be notified by email when your work is posted to Research Commons.
  • Please open and review the post within 5 days of the email. At this stage in the process, we will not make any changes to the work, except for the rare instance when problems occur during conversion.

Submitting a Revision of a Project or Paper

If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the new file that it is a revision of a previously posted work.

If you publish a project that is on Research Commons in print or online elsewhere; or if you post a revised version elsewhere, please send the citation or location of the new version to We will be able to inform Research Commons users about the location of the newest version.

Removing Content from Research Commons

A paper may be updated or removed from public view by sending a request to However, a citation to the original version of the paper will always remain on the site.